A Guide to Choosing the Right Size Junior Club for Your Child
31 Jul 2023
As a parent or guardian of a young golfer, it is important to choose the right size junior club for your child. Properly fitted golf clubs can make a significant difference in your child's golf game and enjoyment of the sport. In this blog post, we will provide a guide to help you choose the right size junior club for your child.
Determine Your Child's Height
- The first step in choosing the right size junior club is to determine your child's height. Junior clubs are available in a range of sizes based on height, and it is important to choose the correct size to ensure that the club is comfortable for your child to use and allows for proper swing mechanics.
Use a Sizing Chart
- Once you have determined your child's height, use a sizing chart to select the appropriate club size. A sizing chart will typically provide a range of heights for each club size, so it is important to measure your child's height accurately to ensure that you are selecting the correct size. Many junior club manufacturers provide sizing charts on their websites to help guide you in the selection process.
Consider Your Child's Age and Skill Level
- In addition to height, it is also important to consider your child's age and skill level when selecting a junior club size. Junior clubs are available in different lengths and weights, and selecting the right size can make a significant difference in your child's ability to swing the club properly and achieve good results on the course.
Test Clubs Out
- When selecting a junior club size, it is also a good idea to test clubs out if possible. Many golf retailers offer junior clubs for rental or demo, which can allow your child to try out different sizes to determine which feels most comfortable and allows for the best swing mechanics.
Allow Room for Growth
- Finally, it is important to consider that your child will likely grow and develop over time. Choosing a junior club size that allows for some room to grow can help ensure that the club will be usable for a longer period of time and provide a better value for your investment.
Now that we have provided a guide to help you choose the right size junior club for your child, let's take a look at some product recommendations from robingolf.com.
In conclusion, choosing the right size junior club for your child is essential for their enjoyment and success in the game of golf. By considering your child's height, age, and skill level, using a sizing chart, testing clubs out, and allowing room for growth, you can ensure that your child has the right equipment to develop their skills and enjoy the game.
A bad drive into the forest sounds like an adventure
Stay up to date with the Robin Golf newsletter.